YZ Exhaust cam in 04 WR

6 replies to this topic
  • Titanium Fink

Posted July 07, 2005 - 02:45 PM

What are the differences in power delivery and sound level?

• MattyH

Posted July 20, 2005 - 04:59 AM

the power delivery will depend on how far you advance or retard the cam, the noise level is dictated largely by the exhaust though the note may change slightly. the exhaust note but not the volume from my '04 450 changed when i had the hotcams fitted so i'm not entirely sure to be honest

• slotracer577

Posted July 21, 2005 - 03:09 PM

What are the differences in power delivery and sound level?

not sure about sound, but the power is much more snappy. The bike will break the tire loose easier with the YZ cam. The motor just seems to rev easier. I might be able to ride faster with a wr cam, but it sure isnt as much fun. I personally really like the YZ cam and wont ever run a WR cam again.

John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted July 22, 2005 - 05:43 AM

Why only exhaust cam and not inlet as well?

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 22, 2005 - 05:45 AM

No need. The stock WR intake cam is the same as the YZ. The exhaust has the same profile but different timing.

• MattyH

Posted July 22, 2005 - 06:15 AM

being that the wr is a de-tuned yz i would have thought that the intake would also have a different profile or at least be retarded in some way?

• WR450Rob

Posted July 22, 2005 - 08:05 AM

Nope...only more advance on the exhaust cam. Correct me if I'm wrong, but retarding the WR exhaust cam one tooth makes it equal to the YZ cam? At least that's the way it is on the YFZ, which also uses the WR exhaust cam.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.