Drilling the slide

1 reply to this topic
  • marbee

Posted July 07, 2005 - 09:39 AM

Howdy. Just a quick job complete note on the "Drilling the Slide" for those searching.

Last night, used the http://www.4strokes....xr650lcarbmods/ instructions and they are GREAT! Couldn't find a washer, too lazy to drive to radio shack sooo, took out my box of electrical crap and grabbed a little red ring terminal crimp connector. Cut the round end off, flattened it, works great!

Also, installed the new Big Gun EVO X exhaust/header. Re-jetted as per the above instructions (55/160). Fired the bike RIGHT up and after warm up, it idled perfectly. Follow those instructions to the LETTER and you should not have any problems. My ride is as follows:
04 XR650L, California.
Smog Block off
UNI filter
Air box cut

Tonight I change the sprockets to 14/49 just for fun! Oh yeah, new chain and brakes, too!

Thanks go out to the authors of the above mentioned carb mod article: DAVE AND BRYAN. Very good stuff, great pictures. :)

Marbee

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted July 07, 2005 - 01:56 PM

Me and Brian compiled the info from several sources, all the pics are Brians's.

When he and I posted to 4strokes was the first time all the mods were put 'in one spot' so to speak. The admin over there made it into the great-looking tech article you now see at that link.

I got my info on the mods from the Yahoo XRLUG group, in bits and pieces.

So, thanks for the nice words, and don't forget to thank the admin over there as well!

Dave

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.