acerbis tank on an 05 WR450F

25 replies to this topic
  • dman450f

Posted August 09, 2005 - 02:22 PM

and it will be here friday, $186. priceless....

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 09, 2005 - 04:51 PM

My lever put a black mark on the tank...not like I care, but the tranny tubing cured it from vibrating around. I tried to do the filter thing, but I couldn't figure out the routing without adding an extra 6" of fuel line. You got pics Dan?...SC

My bike's on its way to Colorado.. I'll post some pics when it gets back. It wasn't easy.... :D

• bvd

Posted August 09, 2005 - 04:52 PM

what's it coming here for? I did figure out a nice way to run the lines and it works fine now... It is a very nice tank!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • enduro10

Posted August 11, 2005 - 09:46 AM

I use an IMS in front (natural) and an Acerbis in the left side panel place. The IMS is narrow as the original but lets some gas in the bottom (maybe 1 liter). The side tank is perfect and helps a lot in the long range.

• dman450f

Posted August 14, 2005 - 06:42 AM

hey clark, just got my new tank and going to install today.when looking at the great pics on this thread , it looks like the header gets pretty close to tha tank on the right side,comments anyone?? when riding yesterday , my right boot warmed up nicely....heat tape???also , I see an extra vent screw and the instructions that SUCK talk about drilling an 8mm hole , whats up??? indy???

• bvd

Posted August 14, 2005 - 09:23 AM

I think the extra vent is only used if you put a quick fill on the tank...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.