please look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 replies to this topic
  • waterdog3

Posted July 07, 2005 - 08:01 AM

this is with a 45 pilot, and 165 main, 40 leak, 65 starter, JD red #4.......untill i changed the pilot the plug was black all over."48pilot"...........went to 45,bone white

04 WR450
all the mods
300'
90-100 temp
65-80% avg. humidity
air box open real good,clean filter, GYT-R full exhaust
1.25 turns
pic looks very very lean...........changing nothing but the pilot made it go from black to this...also when i put the "brand new" plug in this morning i started it and let just idel 3-4 minutes killed it pulled the plug, just a little tan. put the same plug back in did not twist throttle over 1/4-1/3. pulled plug, just a little tan, very little...........put plug back in run her "WOT" and all through the throttle range, with a lot of decel popping. pulled plug white just like all the other checks but this time there was a BLACK ring around the bottom couple of threads"shown in pic.

• waterdog3

Posted July 07, 2005 - 08:04 AM

i dont understand why the pic is so large.1st time this has happened...

• waterdog3

Posted July 07, 2005 - 08:08 AM

Posted Image

hope this is better

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jonova

Posted July 07, 2005 - 10:41 AM

Are you putting a load on the bike or are you running it in neutral? That will probably make a difference in how your plug turns out too. The popping to me seams like it is lean.

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 07, 2005 - 10:46 AM

Try 2 turns on the fuel screw with the 45 pilot. Everything else is OK with your jetting. :)

• waterdog3

Posted July 07, 2005 - 12:47 PM

well i wound up with a 168mj,45pilot,40leak..........the bike absolutely rips. The bike has never pulled 4th gear wheelie until today, and i don't mean a wheel hop, i mean coming up till you have to back off of it. also no bog. these settings seem to rich on the main and to lean on the pilot. BUT IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.