Just got my 426 street legal- Valve adjustments?

4 replies to this topic
  • Maximus86

Posted July 06, 2005 - 03:47 PM

heys guys-Just got a tag for my 426. I'm running Avon distanzias right now but once I sell a few things i'm going to get some SM rims for it...

now the question is-how often should i get the valves adjusted-(miles or hours? :) )

My manual is still on order and don't even know the service times so i've been changing the oil a lot and makin sure all the bolts keep tight. Anything else i should be doing?

• Maximus86

Posted July 06, 2005 - 07:17 PM

no-one knows the valve adjustment interval?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha24a

Posted July 07, 2005 - 06:03 AM

how did you get it street legal ? Thanks

• Maximus86

Posted July 07, 2005 - 10:01 AM

^got a title through springer insurance- got VIN verified by cop-filled out paperwork-went to courthouse and got plate
the title search is like 100$ though

• 426Climber

Posted July 07, 2005 - 10:29 AM

Every 500km or fifth race. The manual can be found in bitmap format here on Thumpertalk.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.