anybody think there is going to be proplems in 06

51 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted July 10, 2005 - 07:26 AM

Re: anybody think it will rain today in florida, MY GOD WHAT A QUESTION! This has to be the most retarded thread I have ever read! Some of us either never took Physics one in college or never went. THINGS TEND TOWARDS CHAOS! First rule of thermodynamics, nothing is perfect things will inadvertently have problems, however whether you do or I do is dodo, it is purely a matter of probabilty. :)

So I guess you did lose 3rd/4th gear.......... :)

• tricksta400

Posted July 10, 2005 - 06:47 PM

i think the only problem wit them will be that the competition will be so far back you will start to get lonley when you race!

• cowboyona426

Posted July 10, 2005 - 09:02 PM

Hick is right on the 00 bikes, there were quite a few who had problems with them. So far I'm one of the lucky ones though, I've only had to change the jetting and do the 01 clutch fix- no bad CB key, no exploded clutch basket, no exploded trans gears, no exploded rear hub on my 00.

• johnmeasures

Posted July 11, 2005 - 12:46 PM

How does your experience compare to this:
My team has raced Suzuki, KTM, Kawasaki & Yamaha machines. We race every weekend, up to National Series amateur level. In general terms, any of our Japanese bikes broke less than the European bikes. The Yamahas (250, 250F, 450f) broke less than the other Japanese bikes. I did run a YZ125 '05 briefly but that broke every time we raced so I divorced it! In UK, in my experience, Yamaha have the most helpful and technically knowledgeable racing department, with real first hand racing and technical expertise. By contrast, Suzuki UK will not even talk to customers, do not have any racing or technical hotline and they employ "Tracey from Essex" on the switchboard to tell customers to go away and talk to their dealer. Kawasaki UK have always been keen to help and have some large and knowledgeable dealers. I don't know Honda UK. How do the manufacturers and dealers measure up to each other in America?

• DP138

Posted July 11, 2005 - 02:15 PM

i have an 02' yz250f, everything stock and it starts everytime 1st or 2nd kick

• grayracer513

Posted July 11, 2005 - 05:08 PM

Well, overall I'd say you have me on the '00 426. But three out of four is pretty good. OTOH, I know at least one '00 that is one of the most neglected pieces of machinery, relative to what its maintenence schedule should be like, that I've ever seen, and it could give the Energizer Bunny a run for its money.

THINGS TEND TOWARDS CHAOS!

...and in math and astrophysics we find that chaos produces order. :applause:

:eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RC876

Posted July 11, 2005 - 05:18 PM

The frame will brake in a million peices the first time you case it and the motor will explode at 15 hours on the dot. But thats only in the yellow one... Im sure the blue will be perfect! :applause:

Yahama's are supposed to be yellow.

I am sure after having a very reliable line of 4 strokes for some time their new attemtp will be more of the same.

• Hick

Posted July 11, 2005 - 06:44 PM

By contrast, Suzuki UK will not even talk to customers, do not have any racing or technical hotline and they employ "Tracey from Essex" on the switchboard to tell customers to go away and talk to their dealer.

I dunno, I think the dealer network operates differently in the States. I'm not aware of a corporate rep or tech I can call for support, much less a tech hotline. But then I don't work for a race team, I'm a wknd warrior, 100% privateer (and only race a few times a year at that).

As for my local dealer, don't get me started on that topic, "Tracey from Essex" is likely a huge upgrade compared to what I'm faced with.

At least I have TTalk. I really don't know what I would have done w/ my '00 w/out this site. I wouldn't have dared sell it to some unsuspecting stranger, and I wouldn't have been able to fix it. I may have just set it on fire and forgotten the whole four stroke thing.

Well, overall I'd say you have me on the '00 426. But three out of four is pretty good.

What is weird is that the '98 had fewer problems, the only thing I can think of is the '99 switched to a rod w/ a bigger small end. And I recall only a few '98s with rod problems of any kind.

As for the '00, the straight-key on the CB and grabby clutch I do think qualify for the design glitch category. At the time it was fairly common to read posts about this, otherwise I may have never figured out the source of that noise my bike was making and wouldn't have noticed that my clutch basket had stress cracks (forgot to mention that earlier).

As far as the tranny problems, those are fairly rare, and aren't exclusive to the '00 or even the 426 as Yamaha uses the same gears in the 250. But a lot of guys have had 4th gear come apart in their 426 (including 2 of mine, but then, I can break a steel ball w/ a glass hammer), and a lot have the same characteristic galling/pitting. I guess we may never know why this is...

• CHEEZE13

Posted July 12, 2005 - 05:30 AM

...and in math and astrophysics we find that chaos produces order. :applause:

:p

Yes we do find order but that this order is soveriegn, and not to be influenced, this is the diachotomy of chaos. Futhermore this "order" is at the sub sub sub atomic level, and deals with particles and their position and velocity. Not whether a 06 freaking Yamaha will tear up or not! :p

PS it wasn't astrophysics that that taught us that, it was quantum mechanics. :eek:

PSS Math didn't show us it either consult Kurt Godel's Proof on the "Incompleteness Theorem". :) :p

• grayracer513

Posted July 12, 2005 - 07:21 AM

So you're going to try to convince me that the chronology of star birth, black holes, and Pascal's Triangle have nothing at all to do with why my 450 hasn't needed a valve adjustment in two years?

Preposterous. :applause:

• gonzo

Posted July 12, 2005 - 08:01 AM

I've had 4 first year yamaha's and never had a problem with any of them. I'm sure this bike will be as rock solid as they were.

98 400
03 450
05 YZ250
05 YZ125

• CHEEZE13

Posted July 12, 2005 - 10:33 AM

So you're going to try to convince me that the chronology of star birth, black holes, and Pascal's Triangle have nothing at all to do with why my 450 hasn't needed a valve adjustment in two years?

Preposterous. :applause:

HAHAHAHA exactly!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.