anybody think there is going to be proplems in 06

51 replies to this topic
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted July 06, 2005 - 03:17 PM

well i plan on getting a 06 yzf 450 dress in yellow but does anybody think there is going to be any proplems. its a new motor new frame well a whole new bike really.

me, i dont think there is going to be any proplems with the 06 thumper. yamaha is proving it to me with my 04 yz250f, never had a proplem with it, except things that were my fault.

so what do u think

• Satch0922

Posted July 06, 2005 - 04:15 PM

my opinion? No.... :)

• grayracer513

Posted July 06, 2005 - 05:09 PM

Let's see...how many first year problems were there with the YZ400? What's that? Oh. That's not very many.

What about the 426? Oh.

Well, then, what about the 250F? Hmm.

The YZ450 must have had a bunch in '03, huh? What? None? I....

...think I see a pattern beginning to form. :)

• pwisz

Posted July 06, 2005 - 07:53 PM

That's right, and lets not forget all the problems they had with the 2005 alluminum framed yz 125 & 250's. Wait a minute..................... :) :) :D

• 02YZ426

Posted July 06, 2005 - 08:07 PM

The 06 is going to be the bike of the year... better order one now if you want one. I doubt there will be any trouble with it.. come on, its a Yamaha have some faith in the industry leader!

• YZ426FPilot

Posted July 06, 2005 - 09:03 PM

The frame will brake in a million peices the first time you case it and the motor will explode at 15 hours on the dot. But thats only in the yellow one... Im sure the blue will be perfect! :)

• ThrakenH04

Posted July 06, 2005 - 09:14 PM

The frame will brake in a million peices the first time you case it and the motor will explode at 15 hours on the dot. But thats only in the yellow one... Im sure the blue will be perfect! :)

Ya, and i heard if you put a pipe on it, you will make it have, like 70hp and 90lbs of torque. Plus 1t wil b tha loudest pip, ya dig me? :) :D

• crayztwentyseven

Posted July 06, 2005 - 09:35 PM

I had a 99yz400=no problems
Then I bought a 426=no problems
Then a brand new 03450=no problems

Sometimes I think that they make the mistakes in the second year of production becuse they heard only a couple complaints and tried to fix them. Like taming down the 04 and 05.

There will be problems with the 06 though. They will be...

1. Keeping them stocked
2. dumb asses that dont know crap will ask you if it is a suzuki
3. Me going into the store to buy one NEXT august(trying to get a low price like the cheap bastard I am! :) )only to find out that they are sold out which will in turn cause me to bitch slap the salesman and piss in his gas tank!

• ThumperKid250F

Posted July 07, 2005 - 04:25 AM

I had a 99yz400=no problems
Then I bought a 426=no problems
Then a brand new 03450=no problems

Sometimes I think that they make the mistakes in the second year of production becuse they heard only a couple complaints and tried to fix them. Like taming down the 04 and 05.

There will be problems with the 06 though. They will be...

1. Keeping them stocked
2. dumb asses that dont know crap will ask you if it is a suzuki
3. Me going into the store to buy one NEXT august(trying to get a low price like the cheap bastard I am! :) )only to find out that they are sold out which will in turn cause me to bitch slap the salesman and piss in his gas tank!

trust me the suzuki thing already started, i showed one of my friends the 06 dressed in yellow and there like why are u buying suzuki, im like DUMBASS.

yea i really dont think there is goign to be anyproplems, GO YAMAHA

• grayracer513

Posted July 07, 2005 - 08:01 AM

trust me the suzuki thing already started, i showed one of my friends the 06 dressed in yellow and there like why are u buying suzuki, im like DUMBASS.

If you want to have more fun with him, show him a blue DR-Z. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxmark

Posted July 07, 2005 - 09:07 AM

I think one thing that will change is the importance of staying on the oil change schedual. The frame will not be used to release some of the heat from the oil. Our motors may run hotter and require checking and changing the oil more then some (me) are used to doing. The oil will run hotter making it break down faster. The oil quantity may be less also making schedualed maintence very important. I always buy the extended warranty on my bikes for the big problems that may come up with the new bikes. Thanks Mark

• Chills

Posted July 07, 2005 - 10:27 AM

I honestly dont think there will be any problem, unlike the Hoooooonda's. I do believe that they will find little things to tweak or enhance, but nothing drastic. I am sure they will be waiting for feedback to see what everyone thinks. The oil issue, i personally dont care for the oil setup on the 426, it leaves the engine vulnerable to clutch shavings, but I maintain constant oil changes about every other ride or so, Oil is cheap, engines arent. Either way I dont think Yam will have the issues Honda has encountered.

• MotoGoalie

Posted July 07, 2005 - 11:10 AM

CRF guys have more trouble balancing thier checkbook after ever valve explosion than I have with my bikes reliability. Yamaha Quality Control thankfully isn't in the same bush league as Hondas. :)

• Blue_White_Rider

Posted July 07, 2005 - 01:26 PM

:) Just talked to my local dealer 2 days ago, and he said he was expecting 06 models in a couple of weeks!!! :) 06 450 here I come

• CRFThumper

Posted July 07, 2005 - 02:26 PM

:) Just talked to my local dealer 2 days ago, and he said he was expecting 06 models in a couple of weeks!!! :) 06 450 here I come

DONT THINK SO!!!

• yz133rider

Posted July 07, 2005 - 02:51 PM

Yeah seriously. They say that to everybody so they get your name down on it. And not wander over you the other comps.

• Thumper38

Posted July 08, 2005 - 05:11 AM

I do think that all of the models will be out by Sept. but the 450 will not be here till Nov. But I sure hope I am wrong!

• ride yzf all the way

Posted July 08, 2005 - 05:16 AM

i already orderr the yellow 06 so im douting their will be any problems but yea if your going to order one you better order it soon cause they told me thjeir almost sold out of the quanity they have made

• ride yzf all the way

Posted July 08, 2005 - 05:17 AM

they will be in sept 15 thens when mine is suppost to arrive in

• Ga426owner

Posted July 08, 2005 - 06:57 AM

The only problem at this point is when the damn things arrive....good luck in Sept....it will be more likely in Nov..... :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.