Red Smoke

2 replies to this topic
  • Texas4play

Posted July 06, 2005 - 12:48 PM

Went riding over the fourth with my usual riding buddy except this time he pulled up with a brand new 450X in the back of his truck, to my surprise. I tried converting him to blue over the last 8 months but, he just bleeds red and wouldn't listen. It's a nice bike, don't get me wrong but, I only got to see it at the campsite what with him being behind me most the time ... hehe

I do like the seat on the 450X, very comfortable. Other than that, I'm glad I opted for the WR. After riding his 450X, I was glad to get back on mine.

Disclaimer: this is not an attempt to bash other brands, I love all bikes ... especially the ones behind me :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodjy

Posted July 06, 2005 - 06:11 PM

In a straight out drag who won? C'mon ya must have tried. The red bikes have a heap of grunt don't they? Was his bike standard?

• Texas4play

Posted July 07, 2005 - 05:52 AM

Blue bike won on the straight drag. To be fair, his bike was brand new and not dialed in yet, mine is. Red has some grunt, we'll see if he can get it tuned better. As far as what I previously read in mags about the 450x being heavy I'd agree by comparison. Also, the X uses the clutch for on/off switch. The start button is vulnerable to crashes. He dumped it on a hill and the gray button came off. It would still e-start without button.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.