XRs only exaust

7 replies to this topic
  • goblin127

Posted July 05, 2005 - 08:14 PM

Have had my comlete xrs only exaust on the bike for about a week now .Its louder than I was told it would be , but I am quit happy with it . Monting was better than some pipes I have used .Sounds great now that I am getting used to it. I did put the largest main jet I could find in it .165 dyna jet that came with the kit that I started with. Quality seems very good . I will clean up the weld s this winter.

Posted July 06, 2005 - 01:03 PM

How much was it? :) :)

• BWB63

Posted July 06, 2005 - 03:00 PM

Do you have the spark arrestor screen in it?? What elevation are you? That is a way lean jetting for anything close to sea level.

• goblin127

Posted July 07, 2005 - 05:07 AM

Cost was 530 to my door. Yes the spark arrester screen is in it. The jetting is a 55 pilot and 165 dyna main .No poping on decell. Just about 140 feet above sea level. I tried to find a larger pilot but as yet no luck. What jetting would you recommend? BWB63 Hay nice slide show you put on THANX!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted July 07, 2005 - 05:10 AM

Oh yea this seems to be there new oval ended pipe.They told me I wouldnt have to rejet can you believe it.

• Mikie1

Posted July 07, 2005 - 05:24 AM

Hmmm... Is this the one that's supposed to be a close copy of the pipe Pro Circuit makes for Team Honda? Tapered head pipes, megaphone center section going into the silencer?

• goblin127

Posted July 07, 2005 - 08:15 PM

Idont no about it being a copy of the procir. The muff.is oval withscreen the header is not tapered,two into one into muff.The diameter of the header pipes are larger than stock I know thats a given. Any body want to recommend jetting size? As I said before I am running 55 pilot 165 dyno jet slide drilled dyno jet spring snorkell off smog gone. any one thanx : :

• ghoti

Posted July 08, 2005 - 04:42 AM

Do you have a "L" with the CV carb. If so The 165 DJ main is something like a 155 Keihein(sp). Go with an original Keihein and you can go much larger.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  40 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.