Broken Spoke

4 replies to this topic

Posted July 05, 2005 - 07:22 PM

Going to have my tires swapped out on my 1995 XR600 and would like to get that blasted one spoke replaced. How much should I pay to have one spoke replaced?

• qadsan

Posted July 05, 2005 - 07:31 PM

It just takes a minute to change a broken spoke once the tire & tube is off. If it's frozen, you simply cut the spoke with tin snips and pull it out. If it's already broken, you simply pull it out and put the new one in. As long as the rest of the spokes are in good shape and your wheel is still round & true, it takes just a minute to do. Many shops here charge labor in 1/2 hour increments, so you'd be stuck paying 1/2 hour. If you bought tires and tubes from a given shop, I'd ask them to put the spoke in for free if you provided them with a new spoke.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LotsOfBikes

Posted July 07, 2005 - 06:41 AM

The replacement is soooooo easy if the tire is removed. Were I a shop mechanic, and you gave me a new spoke, and nipple, I'd have trouble charging you any labor whatsoever for replacement. If the old spoke is broken, it is excessively easy to remove. Putting a new one in would take under 45 seconds, with tightening..

---now truing the rim is another story altogether. That takes time!

• XR4DEZ

Posted July 07, 2005 - 11:23 AM

Usually have to change a couple with every new tire, it's pretty simple.

Posted July 07, 2005 - 01:01 PM

When I had the tire changed he put in a new one and didn't charge me. Woohoo. :)

Related Content

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.