rear axle seized

2 replies to this topic
  • madmud

Posted July 05, 2005 - 06:26 PM

Got a mel of a hess here. In going to remove the rear wheel (to lube & grease the swingarm) I discovered the rear axle seized to the chain side wheel bearing. After spraying plenty of deep creep in there ,leaving it sit overnite, and using a 1/2" impact to try to jar it loose, no luck. When rapped with a 4x4 block and a large hammer the bearing comes out appx. 1/4" along w/ the axle and thats all the movement I can get. Any suggestions? looks like the sawzall is the next step

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted July 05, 2005 - 07:51 PM

Well, Sawzall might be the answer! Man, I love my sawzall. How did we ever get by before the sawzall :)

• jbrooks26

Posted July 05, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Might try a little heat and get a bigger hammer. Going to have to replace the bearing anyway, may as well try to save the axle. Just heat the bearing if possible. Just my 2c.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.