For those who think off idle bog can't be completely eliminated on 4 strokes

5 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted July 05, 2005 - 06:48 AM

http://www.thumperta...d=1#post2235814

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 05, 2005 - 06:58 AM

Math, I've reached "No bog island", it's beautiful here, topless women and all the free beer you could ever want.. There are some "Treasure Maps" located in the jetting database. I can honestly say I live a bog free life... C'mon in the water's great..

:)

• Math

Posted July 05, 2005 - 07:44 AM

It is good to finally read that I'm not running after an uncatchable dream.

As I said in my post, I have some more work to do.

During my holidays, I'm gonna take two days off the family duties. It's gonna be me, my bike,jets and tools handy, docs I've found on how to jet the FCR carb and a wonderful straight 1 mile slopy road close to my father's land. We'll get that bike to work like a champ.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02WR426Cali

Posted July 05, 2005 - 10:00 AM

I know that my bike isn't set up perfectly but ive never had an off idle bog. I have a twin air air filter a gyt-r insert, cut grey wire, yz throttle stop, and a zip ty fuel screw. I lowered the clip on the needle to raise the needle after I opened up my intake and ehaust and it didn't seem to do anything at all. the fuel screw is about 1 3/4 turns out and every thing else is stoch as far as the engine goes. I don't seem to have any problems as long as I have fresh gas. I have looked at the plug a couple of times at it looks good to me. Does this setup sound good, should I move the needle clip back to stock or leave it?

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 05, 2005 - 10:53 AM

I too have never had the off idle bog but I have seen some strange YZ450's that had it real bad! :)

• MattyH

Posted July 14, 2005 - 07:43 AM

whats this idle bog that you speak of? jetting them does wonders hey?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.