FMF PC4 upgrade

5 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted July 04, 2005 - 04:17 PM

Is this what I need to upgrade my PC4 to a full "Q" exhaust?

http://www.denniskir...leafCatId=10903

Is the quiet core insert enough or should I buy this kit?

Thanks

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted July 04, 2005 - 10:42 PM

Math, I bought the new Powercore4 from FMF, not the "Q" series one and then the quiet core insert. Mine was only the insert, the endcap see from DK already looks like the one I have. The insert sandwiched in between the end cap and muffler. I had it tested 3 weeks ago, it was 94 DB! It has a nice deep throaty sound!

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 05, 2005 - 03:20 AM

Ditto. PC4 with quiet core insert is a great set up. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted July 05, 2005 - 05:05 AM

Let me make sure I understood you right.

So the Q kit that I just posted from the DK website is not really worth since from what you say the quiet insert alone is enough to lower noise to 94db. Is this correct?

Thanks

• DRAGO

Posted July 05, 2005 - 08:00 AM

the product from DK that you are looking for is not going to lower your sound, what it does is add an updated endcap (that screw direct from back) and bulkhead for mufflers that do not have an bulkhead and endcap (that screws direct from back)

• Math

Posted July 05, 2005 - 08:06 AM

Ok thanks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.