Another Australian!

50 replies to this topic
  • toyota_mdt_tech

Posted July 05, 2005 - 07:49 PM

Welcome aboard mate! :)

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted July 06, 2005 - 08:12 AM

Explains why it is on the WR's, ADRs doesnt explain why it isnt on the YZ's.....surely someone out there has the good oil on this mod?? What do the factory teams do? do they rip it off/plug it up?

The YZ doesn't need to be ADR compliant, as it is not legal for the street. The WR is road registerable, therefore must meet ADR compliance, including the pollution crap. No factory race team that i've seen runs pollution gear on their bikes. I've removed plenty of secondary air injection set-ups from my own bikes (mostly street bikes), although in truth, i've never noticed power gains by doing so. Having said that, I don't own a WR450, I have a 426, so hopefully someone who's done this mod' to a 450 will chime in, and explain whether their bike ran like shit before the mod' etc, etc.....
BTW, welcome Matty :)

• Snapper

Posted July 07, 2005 - 07:44 PM

Hi - I spend a most of my time on www.dirtbikeworld.net and haven't visited here for a while - but am thinking about heading back more regularly due to some "special" people on DBW.

You have some interesting issues re the '05 - these are challenges I will learn about in the next couple of weeks when my '01 morphs to an '05.

the guy from www.offroadenhancements.com.au is "Keg" of DBW - email him and he will help you out.

cheers
Snapper (feral on dbw).

• MattyH

Posted July 14, 2005 - 07:36 AM

the lowering link. try great western motorcycles in bathurst n.s.w., and ask for pete. he has one for a 250f he had and could get a copy of it made for you, i have no idea of price though.

the b&b radiator guards kick ass too, i crushed both radiators on my '03 wr250(before some bastard stole it!) and i've had some good offs witht he b&b's and have 'adjusted' the guards but the radiators are sweet. i think they're about $180 a set.

• luckyfly

Posted July 16, 2005 - 04:07 PM

Just another vote for www.dirtbikeworld.net, I use both for info on my 05 wr450. The JD jetting kit fixed my problems with irratic idling and boiling (lean) best mod Ive done! :applause:

• DP Vor450 Oz

Posted April 17, 2006 - 05:30 AM

Just another vote for www.dirtbikeworld.net, I use both for info on my 05 wr450. The JD jetting kit fixed my problems with irratic idling and boiling (lean) best mod Ive done! :thumbsup:

What has happened to DBW ?
For the last 3 day's the site has vanished, is it just my computer settings or has everyone been locked out ?

• nitronaf

Posted April 17, 2006 - 11:39 AM

yay australia!
unfortunately ever since i upgraded from running xr's and ttr's this year i no longer dirt ride more than once a month :thumbsup:
but i still have a motarded wr450 :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted April 17, 2006 - 02:56 PM

Woohoo! My first ever post!

I think that DBW truely sucks ass, way too slow for my liking. Same guys in every single forum. Lame.

• flatnacker

Posted April 17, 2006 - 06:37 PM

Woohoo! My first ever post!

I think that DBW truely sucks ass, way too slow for my liking. Same guys in every single forum. Lame.

Geez thats a bit harsh dont you think? Could say the same of any forum-its the regulars that make sites great. It has its strong and weak points-where it realy shines is organising rides. A lot of my riding buddies are whipped by their wives, so if I want to go for a ride its sooo easy to just hook up woth some blokes from the site-golden!!! :thumbsup:

• bluebike1999

Posted April 17, 2006 - 07:21 PM

geez matty, sucks ass is a bit tough. did you know you can read something on TT then go and make yourself look clever on dbw the same day...
it's more a comunal outpost, colonial style and yeah i'm going to go riding with a couple of them soon, up the north east of tassie, which doesnt feature that highly here for some reason.
btw when you coming to tas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pops 56

Posted April 18, 2006 - 12:13 AM

What has happened to DBW ?
For the last 3 day's the site has vanished, is it just my computer settings or has everyone been locked out ?

Hi DPVor 450 oz
DBW is currently unavailable due to a major problem with our ISP over the weekend. To avoid people re-registering and then us restoring the old data over the top the site has been disabled. We are working very hard to restore the site so please be patient.

We will be back soon... From there web site . Cheers Ian.

• Geoffsta

Posted April 18, 2006 - 09:39 PM

Maybee someone should post what Matty 05 said about this site at DBW.

• bluebike1999

Posted April 18, 2006 - 11:25 PM

i think he meant it does not get the same amount of traffic and is therefore not as dynamic as TT given it's huge membership....
sometimes things read far more offensively that what they are meant.
no point in alerting others to a small slip.

• flatnacker

Posted April 19, 2006 - 12:19 AM

i think he meant it does not get the same amount of traffic and is therefore not as dynamic as TT given it's huge membership....
sometimes things read far more offensively that what they are meant.
no point in alerting others to a small slip.

Its a bit hard NOT to take " I think that DBW truely sucks ass, Lame" the wrong way :thumbsup: Doesnt exactly leave much margin for error, hey Matty where are ya???

• gdog

Posted April 19, 2006 - 02:56 AM

Yeah it sucks a bit that DBW is down. Agree that it is great for meeting up for a ride if your usual rideing mates cant ride.

I was looking for a ride at Labertouche this weekend but cant arrange for it to happen :thumbsup:

Hopefully it will be up soon.

• Matty05

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:15 AM

Its a bit hard NOT to take " I think that DBW truely sucks ass, Lame" the wrong way :thumbsup: Doesnt exactly leave much margin for error, hey Matty where are ya???

I'm here.

The same post stays at the top of the pile for weeks @ DBW.
Not exactly reason to go back every day or a few times a day. That truely sucks ass.

• Matty05

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:16 AM

Maybee someone should post what Matty 05 said about this site at DBW.

They already know how I feel......

• Matty05

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:20 AM

Geez thats a bit harsh dont you think? Could say the same of any forum-its the regulars that make sites great. It has its strong and weak points-where it realy shines is organising rides. A lot of my riding buddies are whipped by their wives, so if I want to go for a ride its sooo easy to just hook up woth some blokes from the site-golden!!! :thumbsup:

If you lived in Melbourne............

• Matty05

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:21 AM

btw when you coming to tas?

One day my friend, one day! :thumbsup:

• flatnacker

Posted April 19, 2006 - 01:54 PM

I'm here.

The same post stays at the top of the pile for weeks @ DBW.
Not exactly reason to go back every day or a few times a day. That truely sucks ass.

I have to beg to differ mate-it really shites me how TT posts wont change during the day due to out time difference with the US but posts keep poping up at DBW during the day, not sure which areas you are looking at that dont move? TT is great for technical info though!! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.