RTT Motorsports steering stabilizer

5 replies to this topic
  • thouk

Posted July 03, 2005 - 12:40 PM

Hey All,
I just got my 650R back on the road. I installed CRF450R forks on it and a new RTT Motorsports steering stabilizer. I am very impressed by the stabilizer. I had the forks on the bike before the install of the stabilizer. The stabilizer made a world of difference for my daulsport riding. Usually at about 75-80 miles an hour and over I would get a slight head shake. After the install I don't any shake at all except for my belly. I have pictures at my Yahoo site if you want to look.
http://photos.yahoo.com/houk27
I changed the fork oil and seals. I put in 10 weight oil hoping that this would offset the extra weight of the pig. It seems to help out. I need to take it jumping to see for sure. Well if you are on the fence for the stabilizer or the forks, I recommend both. Happy riding, Tony

• jws

Posted July 04, 2005 - 07:40 AM

nice :)

• 2wheels

Posted July 04, 2005 - 08:31 AM

dont set the dial to max; i had seals blow twice---really sweet before i broke it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thouk

Posted July 04, 2005 - 05:57 PM

Tirebiter,
Because I had the custom setup with the Crf forks and the Xr 650R frame, I had to buy it direct from RTT. They set me up with the parts to get it to work. I tryed to call Gpr and they said at least two months before I could get one custom made for me. If you have a stock bike you could go through Thumpertalk and buy it from them. I wish I could have but I am still satisfied. I took it for a ride today on some rocky back roads. It handled like a charm. I am glad I spent the money. After last night driving home at 80 with no head shake I was even happier. Any more questions just ask. Tony

• frankstr

Posted July 05, 2005 - 06:16 PM

Tony, Nice pics of your bike, Looks sweet... :) :)

• qadsan

Posted July 05, 2005 - 06:33 PM

Very Nice :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.