throttle stop

3 replies to this topic
  • kenny

Posted March 03, 2001 - 08:01 PM

sorry for ignorance, where is the throttle stop on 00wr400

• BULLDOG

Posted March 03, 2001 - 08:52 PM

Look on the right side of the carb. You will see a black plastic dohicky that the throttle cables go into. Remove the black plastic cover (1 bolt) and you will see the throttle pully. The stop is on the back side of that pully and restricts the turning radius of the pully. You need a very small allen wrench and patience to pull it out.

I did not throw mine away. I cant remember if I cut 12mm off or made it 12mm long (its been a while) Check other postings for the procedure.

bulldog

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BULLDOG

Posted March 04, 2001 - 08:42 AM

Try this link www.off-road.com/dirtbike/jun99/hobbs/

• Bill

Posted March 04, 2001 - 09:54 AM

I just did a 00'400 and a 01'426. The stop were identical in both bikes. I pulled the seat, tank and ignition coil to provide better access.

Take the black cover off and use a shortened allen wrench (about three inches). I used a longer one because I didn't want to hack off my ball end. The stop is 33mm total length to start with and trim to 24mm's. It took two hours to do both bikes while BS'ing with the owners.

Good luck
Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.