Tube question..

1 reply to this topic
  • enduromaniac

Posted July 03, 2005 - 12:13 AM

I recently went from the stock Bridgestone tube that was in my rear tire (xr650L), to a Michelin heavy duty tube, same size, but which has much thicker rubber. However, I noticed the rear tire now seems much warmer to the touch. I'm sure the tubes not kinked, the install went pretty smooth, and the bead looks good around the rim. Could just using a thicker inner tube cause more heat to build up in the tire?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted July 03, 2005 - 07:55 AM

Yes the heavy tube will generate more heat,but not enough to cause wory.These tubes were made to run in places the stock one should not. I replaced my rear tire with a metzler sahara and a moose tube and it feels warmer also but then again its summer.

Related Content

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.