bike stands

7 replies to this topic
  • 2000YZ426dude

Posted July 02, 2005 - 11:41 PM

thinking of buying a bike stand like one of those lift stands but not sure which ones are the good ones to buy i don't wanna spend a lot but still want one that's good ... i was looking at those FMF stands not a bad price and looks like it would work well and the bike won't fall off when i'm working on it....but iwant to hear your opions thanx

• djbiker

Posted July 03, 2005 - 11:55 AM

the fmf ist bad i use a fly non lift stand and its real hard to get the bike on it, look at this stand http://www.ironpony.... Stands&Class1=

• 2000YZ426dude

Posted July 03, 2005 - 11:59 AM

thats not a bad lift $70 ain't bad i was thinking of buying one of those motorcycle stands from shucks for $50 but my friend got one and those things are heavy as hell i don't wanna hassle if i want to take it with me if i go riding ...

• grayracer513

Posted July 03, 2005 - 12:23 PM

The FMF is one of the better looking aluminum lifts I have seen, but I've never seen one under a bike, so I can't speak from experience. I have two aluminum lifts from AC (the same stand is available with a number of brand names on it), and they aren't spectacular, but they hold the bike well enough to use while working on it, and they're light. Unless they've improved on the little lever you're supposed to be able to step on to drop the bike, you'd just as well take it off as soon as you get it. Don't pay more than $55 for one of this type.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aedwards07

Posted July 04, 2005 - 05:57 AM

I have a Motosport Products P12 lift stand and it works great.Now I will have to get another one when my 450 comes in.

• Thrash1

Posted July 04, 2005 - 09:14 AM

I use a rubbermaid step stool. It's just about the right hieght to get both wheels off the ground and cheap cheap cheap....

• Jetsprint2

Posted July 05, 2005 - 07:56 AM

Make sure when you do buy a bike stand, get the kind that has the rivits below the rubber pading. The rivits will scratch the hell out of your glide plate. My glide plate is carbon fiber so it was a big factor in my selection. I bought the moose stand and the rivits are below the rubber pad, good stand but you have to lift your bike manually. If you own a 450 you should be able to pick it up and set it on the stand! Go do some push-ups! :)

• 2001YZF426Rider

Posted July 06, 2005 - 06:45 AM

I have a PitPosse lift and it works just fine! Wasnt very expensive either.

http://www.pitposse....eliftstand.html
That right there but it is a newer design.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.