Ouch!!!

22 replies to this topic
  • DRZ400SK4

Posted July 02, 2005 - 07:47 PM

Just in case you XR 600/650 guys missed this one in the pics section...

Here's how not to land a 21 year old Honda 600 thumper. This is my buddy getting badly out of shape on a landing this afternoon. He's in a world of pain now, as you can imagine...

Posted Image

:)

• needsprayer

Posted July 02, 2005 - 07:57 PM

That is a picture that will bring back bad memories forever. :)

Is he just sore with displaced ribs or worse?

• Rover31

Posted July 02, 2005 - 08:03 PM

Nice catch with the camera!

• DRZ400SK4

Posted July 02, 2005 - 08:04 PM

When I helped him into his sister's car, he seemed to be pretty badly broken up and in a lot of pain. I suspect he has a broken bone or two. His wrist, hand, ankle, and ribs took a beating.

The bike folded up on impact, and he was pinned under it.

I was no more than ten feet away, and watched it like it was in slow motion, and then I heard that awful THUD!

Ugly shit!

• needsprayer

Posted July 02, 2005 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, that ground looks hard. I hope you buddy heals up OK. Probably out for 2-3 months.

• Jayzonk

Posted July 02, 2005 - 08:52 PM

The boyz must be black and blue...if you know what I'm sayin'

• needsprayer

Posted July 02, 2005 - 09:02 PM

Now that you mention it, that picture looks even more painful. :)

• Desertskyy

Posted July 02, 2005 - 09:37 PM

Im feeling the pain just looking at the picture. Wow! I hope he heals quick.

• DRZ400SK4

Posted July 03, 2005 - 05:41 AM

I'll be sure to post back here and let you guys know how your fellow big red thumper guy makes out.

• justicedone

Posted July 03, 2005 - 06:57 AM

Doesnt look fun, for him or the bike. Wondering why hes landing with the bars so sideways and not leaned back in the air...oh well we all learn the hard way sometimes.

Hope he and the bike are riding again soon.

This brought back long long ago memories of cracked ribs and nasty spills....ouch indeed

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DRZ400SK4

Posted July 03, 2005 - 08:21 AM

When he hit the jump that time around, I knew he was going way too slow.

If you don't keep your momentum right through a jump, I find the bike tends to 'arc' in a loop, instead of carrying forward and allowing you and the bike to stick the landing.

He nailed one right before that. It was definitely lack of speed that made that one get so ugly.

• KeithBoyd

Posted July 03, 2005 - 09:22 AM

Good pix and great timing for the shot!!!!!!

• DRZ400SK4

Posted July 03, 2005 - 09:37 AM

I just got back from Keith's place.

Here's how he looks 24 hours later, sporting this year's top fashion for middle-aged men...

Two casts!

Very stylish, Keith!

Posted Image

:D :D :) :)

• Dual_Dog

Posted July 03, 2005 - 11:42 AM

Did you keep your eyes open when you snapped that shot at impact? Words like "Holy Sh*t!" come to mind when cringing while looking at that one.

Gotta give him and the ancient XL credit, both still kickin' hard. Instead of hangin' on the couch, he hung it all out in the dirt, and risked a lot by lofting that 325 lb. beast in the air. I know, I had 2 of them. Remember the "R" in 600R means RPM's as in keep it revving.

Like they say, no pain, no gain. Definitely gets an 'E' for effort. Heal quickly. I feel your pain. :)

• FOUR STOKED

Posted July 03, 2005 - 12:21 PM

The part that bothers me the most is you can see the right hand has already let go of the handle bars as the bike is coming over! Bale time is imminent. I hope your buddy is riding again soon. A picture is worth a thousand words!

• GIANTac1

Posted July 03, 2005 - 01:01 PM

The first time I hit a jump on my "L" I did almost the same thing, excluding the broken bones and wipe out :D Definetly need to lean back and get on the gas :D I actually dumped my bike today on the trails...twice :) Tell your bud to get well soon and to get that bike fixed up :)

• justicedone

Posted July 03, 2005 - 05:14 PM

I saw one of his 2 dumps today..was damn funny once I knew he was ok :)

You almost had it except that damn slick your running on the rear...lol

• GIANTac1

Posted July 03, 2005 - 05:45 PM

I think I am getting a new tire later this week.........

• justicedone

Posted July 03, 2005 - 06:08 PM

What did you think of my Teraflex on the street, on the short ride you did? You should consider one... :)

They are $90 shipped..he he

• justicedone

Posted July 03, 2005 - 06:10 PM

btw..

that hill was pretty damn steep and really loose ! You gave it hell... and I was proud of ya !

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.