These Handguards Crap

16 replies to this topic
  • NewBee

Posted July 02, 2005 - 11:22 AM

Do not buy moose aluminum handguards cause they are crap.

I picked up a set for my wife's bike and ended up having to try to buy parts to get them to fit. I got them on but still have to take them off again to try and get them to fit right.

Total crap. :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :worthy: :D ;)

• xr600r

Posted July 02, 2005 - 11:34 AM

What kind of "parts" did you have to buy to get them to fit ?? just curious.

• Fryboy

Posted July 02, 2005 - 11:38 AM

You should be happy you didn't purchase Acerbis hand guards. Talk about crap !!! I love my Enduro Engineering hand guards. They rock !!!

• xr600r

Posted July 02, 2005 - 12:06 PM

Hand guards dont always fit just right because of all the different handle bar bends.
if they made the guards to fit every bend of handlebar perfectly .they would cost big $$$$$$$$$$$$

• NewBee

Posted July 02, 2005 - 03:44 PM

I had to buy a piece of plumbers tubing that had a larger inside diameter hole, but when it was place over the clamp which went in the handle bar end it would just fit.

The piece of hose that came with it was way too small. Even lubed it would not slide on. So I split it down the length of the hose and slipped it on over the clamp. But when I did this the thing was too dam wide to fit into the handle bar end.

All I can say is that the Tusk D-Flex Handguards I bought for my WR were excellent.

The moose guards were for my wife's TTR.

Posted Image

• rmracer27

Posted July 02, 2005 - 07:51 PM

I have bought several of these and never had a problem installing them. If yours bars arm alum. you don't use the rubber hose piece. The only time you use the rubber is when the bars are steel. I'm very happy with the moose handguards. :)

• CISCO

Posted July 02, 2005 - 08:48 PM

My Moose hanguards were slightly used when I bought them in 2003. They have been on 4 bikes and are still going strong (very rough looking) but still doing their job. I now have cycra shields on them as the old plastic got boogered up. I mount and dismount in 3 minutes just like the first time.

Sound like operator error? :) :)

• Bamster

Posted July 03, 2005 - 05:09 AM

Enduro Engineering hand guards :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted July 03, 2005 - 06:31 AM

I have a cycra set on my 426 and I'm impressed with the quality and fit.

• CISCO

Posted July 03, 2005 - 08:02 AM

Enduro Engineering hand guards :)

Oh and BTW, the Moose handguards and Enduro Engineering handguards are IDENTICAL. I think the same manufacturer makes both. The new plastic shields are different, but a few years ago they were the same.

• rmracer27

Posted July 03, 2005 - 10:22 AM

Oh and BTW, the Moose handguards and Enduro Engineering handguards are IDENTICAL. I think the same manufacturer makes both. The new plastic shields are different, but a few years ago they were the same.

The only difference is the name thats on the front of them. I like the moose shields better since they are not as big.

• WheelsUp

Posted July 03, 2005 - 10:48 AM

Ya... Moose, Enduro, MSR, Fredette, and I'm pretty sure Tusk are all identical or nearly identical.
The part that fits into the end of the bar is going to be a very similar design. It's supposed to fit easily, then tighten as you crank down.
Like someone said above, only use the rubber tube for steel bars.

• vector6

Posted July 03, 2005 - 10:51 AM

dude,
Dont blame the product if you dont know how to install it.

• xr600r

Posted July 03, 2005 - 12:41 PM

Why do people insist on bashing a manufacture on the internet before they try to contact the manufacture to see what the problem is . the moose gaurds are made by enduro engineering in lansing michigan. the owner is Alan Randt. he's also a KTM dealer, and also Mike Lafferty's mechanic. he's a great guy who has done alot for the sport , and i'm sure he'd be more than happy to help you in any way possible.

• glasseye

Posted July 03, 2005 - 01:51 PM

I have Moose handgaurds on both of my dirtbikes. All I can say is they are excellent! Install was easy and no broken, bruised, or sprained fingers since install. :)

• xcracer123

Posted July 03, 2005 - 07:06 PM

I have never had a problem with Moose handguards. They have ALWAYS served me well. Much better and less expensive than Cycra pro bends that I used to use.

• WheelsUp

Posted July 03, 2005 - 07:08 PM

I have never had a problem with Moose handguards. They have ALWAYS served me well. Much better and cheaper that Cycra.

Ehh.... cheaper, yes. Better? Let's just say that they're both very good guards.

To quote Wrooster:
"If you bend your Cycras, you can fix them when you get out of the hospital."
:) :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.