valve length 99 400

5 replies to this topic
  • Brettv

Posted July 02, 2005 - 04:36 AM

Hi, just thought i'd ask as well, does anyone know the stock (new) length of the valves for a wr400 99, ive got the clymer manual and it states every dimension except the length
cheers - Brett

• trailriderjoe

Posted July 02, 2005 - 04:42 AM

Why?
You really don't care about the over all length of the valve. You care what it needs to be shimmed at as an assembly once put back into the head with the retainers, bucket, etc...

But I am curious if even my 05 Yamaha manual notes it? I'll check.

• trailriderjoe

Posted July 02, 2005 - 04:47 AM

Just as I thought, it doesn't.
They talk about the stem diameter and runout dimensions but not the length.
Obviously they talk in detail about the head, seat and margin.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brettv

Posted July 02, 2005 - 04:51 AM

hmm, the only reason is to see if i can put 450 kibblewhite black diamond valves in, rather than the white diamond ones for the 400. ive checked all other specs and it 'seems' that it 'should' work. but wanted to double check
has anyone put black diamond valves in a 400?

• trailriderjoe

Posted July 02, 2005 - 04:53 AM

That makes for a darn good reason why! :)

• Brettv

Posted July 03, 2005 - 11:37 PM

so does anyone know whether it can be done? or the length of the 99 valves?
would like to get some black diamonds...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.