31 replies to this topic
  • Jayzonk

Posted July 16, 2005 - 08:15 PM

Cool. Thanks Zack.
jason

• HeadTrauma

Posted July 01, 2008 - 03:22 PM

I would say 8/10.

But HeadTrauma, isn't your 600's rear brake is the same as all the 650Ls? Yes Virginia, but remember, the rear disc is only responsible for 10-15% of the total braking. Trying to use it for more than that will result poor response.

On a side note, the rear brake system on the later XR600s and 650L is the same or very similar as comparable year CRs. It's also very similar in size and structure to CBR600 rear brakes.

• Denn10

Posted July 01, 2008 - 03:25 PM

4 at best IMHO!

My front isn't much better but it is what gets my bike stopped.

I've always had good luck with stock Honda pads. Except for my XRL. :thumbsup:

i agree with you 100%, ive seen alot say the front on a L is a great brake but it definitely leaves something behind when you talk about honda brakes. I like ALOT of front brake and the rear is ok for street as i wouldnt like a strong rear but i would like 3times the front as stock. Theres a guy on ebay selling oversized front kits from EBC and he assures there for a L, might be in the future purchases!

OMG where did you dig up this 05 thread LOL i saw 7-1 and thought is was todays LMAO THX trauma HEHEHE

• HeadTrauma

Posted July 01, 2008 - 03:33 PM

Jeez, bonehead move on my part. :thumbsup:

I clicked a link in another (current) post and I only caught the 7-1-200_ date on this one.

Damn, now I can't give all those newbies a hard time for dredging up ancient threads. :p

Actually, now I can give the admin a hard time for not having a little warning at the top of the reply screen saying that the thread is old. :cry: Some forums do have that....

• gearloos

Posted July 01, 2008 - 03:52 PM

From the day I bought my bike new the front brake has felt wrong, noisy and not very good progressive feel. I made a thread about the pads awhile back.
I've cleaned the rotor, even sanded the pads lightly (for fade) and tried that brake glue anti-squeal stuff. Changed the fluid also.
I think I need to just replace the rotor as thats all thats left. I am also getting a braided line for it next time I get around to it.
It's not really that big of a deal, just they have constant minor noise and feel awful. The back brake seems ok to me tho.

• Denn10

Posted July 01, 2008 - 03:54 PM

Jeez, bonehead move on my part. :p

I clicked a link in another (current) post and I only caught the 7-1-200_ date on this one.

nah your not the only bonehead i did also :cry: guess were the high dez boneheads!!! HEY maybe our new high dez L club????:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kenzo

Posted July 01, 2008 - 05:19 PM

Jeez, bonehead move on my part. :p

Damn, now I can't give all those newbies a hard time for dredging up ancient threads. :p

Actually, now I can give the admin a hard time for not having a little warning at the top of the reply screen saying that the thread is old. :worthy: Some forums do have that....

nah your not the only bonehead i did also :cry: guess were the high dez boneheads!!! HEY maybe our new high dez L club????:thumbsup:

...get a room!

:ride:

• HeadTrauma

Posted July 01, 2008 - 08:38 PM

Can't...I don't ride an L. :thumbsup:

• Denn10

Posted July 01, 2008 - 10:29 PM

lmao...........

• eyeofth3b3hold3r

Posted July 01, 2008 - 11:37 PM

how often do the stock rotors go out? i noticed they are definitly not cheap!

• ghrati ghoti

Posted July 02, 2008 - 04:41 AM

how often do the stock rotors go out? i noticed they are definitly not cheap!

Depends on the riding conditions. Lots of sand and mud will make them wear much faster. I think I replaced mine at 25k.

• clintp

Posted July 05, 2008 - 07:57 PM

From the day I bought my bike new the front brake has felt wrong, noisy and not very good progressive feel. I made a thread about the pads awhile back.
I've cleaned the rotor, even sanded the pads lightly (for fade) and tried that brake glue anti-squeal stuff. Changed the fluid also.
I think I need to just replace the rotor as thats all thats left. I am also getting a braided line for it next time I get around to it.
It's not really that big of a deal, just they have constant minor noise and feel awful. The back brake seems ok to me tho.

Both of my brakes are a little noisy on the road but they really impressed me today. I locked them both up briefly when I was overdriving conditions (winding dirt/gravel/rock) & started locking on purpose (speed helps here) & then working on my feel for the front by using it exclusively when possible for a few. The front forks & tires still need to be dealt with.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.