Just Dies?

5 replies to this topic
  • philinmaine

Posted July 01, 2005 - 06:09 AM

I have a 99 wrf and it will just die, when traveling on road wide open, sounds and feels like its running out of gas. Once stopped it kicks and starts again with some work. Any ideas to the problem? i adjusted float height but still have same issue. This never happens while on trail only on long wide open runs!!!

Please Help!! :)

• PBDBLUE

Posted July 01, 2005 - 06:48 AM

Checked your tank vent?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 01, 2005 - 08:28 AM

Checked your tank vent?

B-I-N-G-O.........

And Bingo was his name-O... :)

Sure sounds like the cap's not venting...... :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Youngr51

Posted July 01, 2005 - 02:32 PM

Check fuel line routings and tank and petcock. Actually start from the bowl and work your back, obviosly your runnin out of fuel somewhere.

• radish150

Posted July 01, 2005 - 09:45 PM

You dont have a fuel filter do ya? You guy´s ride with filters? I do.

Mark...

• philinmaine

Posted July 02, 2005 - 07:59 AM

:) Thanks guys - the previuos owner had sealed the inside of the gas cap with silicone so the tank was not venting!!!! Runs great now!!!

you saved me a trip to the shop and it was a FREE fix!!!

Awsome forum, great info - i'm hooked!!
:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.