NYS Dual Sport Conversion

2 replies to this topic
  • finglan

Posted March 03, 2001 - 03:34 PM


Has anyone in NY road registered their bike in the last year? I heard from a few people that the DMV no longer approves the application for the conversion. If that is true has anyone got around this by registering it in another state then transfering it to NY.

2001 WR 426, WC frame guards, WC skid plate, Acerbis Rally Pro hand guards & front disc guard, DeVol Rad guards, Trail Tech computer, YZ throttle stop, air box lid removed

[This message has been edited by finglan (edited 03-03-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted March 03, 2001 - 04:11 PM


If you can register it in VT, NH or ME, you might have it made. I have been told, ANYTHING can be registered in ME.

  • Tree_Crippler

Posted March 04, 2001 - 12:26 PM


I was told by a dealer in NY and Baja Designs that NY no long will convert dirtbikes. This is the first year they stopped it.

I'm glad I'm in PA.


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.