Fmf Q Pipe

10 replies to this topic
  • flatnacker

Posted June 30, 2005 - 05:59 PM

Hey guys, I can get a good deal on a new Q exhaust for around $159 USD. Are these anygood? Do they give a noticeable increase in power or are they a bit of a wank like alot of bolt on gear? I have a stocker on at the moment....

• flatnacker

Posted June 30, 2005 - 08:08 PM

C'mon guys any feedback appreciated??

• rushfan

Posted June 30, 2005 - 08:19 PM

Ok...here ya go... BUY IT!!! It's a great deal. I forget which magazine it was, Dirt Rider I think, but the FMF Q was tested and was the best all around pipe over White Bros and a couple of others and showed good power gains across the board on all 4 Japanese bikes.

Yoshi shows the most power gain at $319, but the Q is about the same price. BUY IT. You'll like it. FMF makes a great product.

Also, I have to say, I think that's the pipe I want to get. You're getting a great deal. :)

• SMD

Posted June 30, 2005 - 08:55 PM

Highly recommend. Approaching 4k on my 03 and its still at 93db's on the sound check. It really adds to the bottom end........not to mention the weight loss. :)

• rushfan

Posted June 30, 2005 - 08:58 PM

Highly recommend. Approaching 4k on my 03 and its still at 93db's on the sound check. It really adds to the bottom end........not to mention the weight loss. :)

Hey SMD. Did you mean to write a 2000 zrx1100 in you signature??? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SMD

Posted June 30, 2005 - 09:03 PM

Hey SMD. Did you mean to write a 2000 zrx1100 in you signature??? :)

Yes, thats my street bike and she's a honey. :)

• flatnacker

Posted June 30, 2005 - 10:11 PM

Thanks guys :)

With such glowing reviews how could I say no :) It was on ebay, buy it now price of $159. Dunno what freight etc to Australia will set me back but should still work out a good buy.

• flatnacker

Posted June 30, 2005 - 10:12 PM

Was that the one you were looking at Rushfan? If so, sorry mate.... :)

• rushfan

Posted July 01, 2005 - 04:31 AM

Was that the one you were looking at Rushfan? If so, sorry mate.... :)

Yes sir. That would be the one. :)

• rushfan

Posted July 01, 2005 - 04:33 AM

Yes, thats my street bike and she's a honey. :)

I have an 02 zrx1200 ( red ) with mods and she too, is a honey!!! :)

• endurodog

Posted July 01, 2005 - 09:46 AM

Hey guys, I can get a good deal on a new Q exhaust for around $159 USD. Are these anygood? Do they give a noticeable increase in power or are they a bit of a wank like alot of bolt on gear? I have a stocker on at the moment....

The Q is a quality unit that will get you DB legal in most areas.

Don't expect any power gains, expect power loss (if you were running an open system). You may gain a slight amount on bottom but will loose everywhere else. The Q is not a performance gaining system, it's system to get you DB legal. It is also better for performance than the stock insert or any of the other inserts but it's a bit more money too.

I run the orginal Q on my WR and have been tested several times at 95DB. The newer ones test even lower.

At $159 I would say go for it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.