JD, some hep on the varying diaphragms for the accel pump.

3 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted March 03, 2001 - 07:16 AM

JD and everybody else,
Do you know how the yamaha part numbers for the AP diaphragms coincide with the stroke travel of the accelerator pumps?

I see the following diaphragm part #'s:

5BE-14940-15-00 (YZ ONLY)
17 (standard on the 99 WR)
There is no standard listed for the 99 YZ...

Do you know which one has the most limiting AP stroke?

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

• James_Dean

Posted March 03, 2001 - 12:54 PM

Last summer the local bike shop tried to get all of the optional pump diaphrams for my '00 WR and they were not available from Yamaha. It is still a mystery what the differences are.

The stock diaphram height, 8.1mm, does not limit the stroke, the cam profile does not stroke that far. At a height of ABOUT 8.5mm it would start to reduce the 3mm of stroke.

Anyone else?

James

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted March 06, 2001 - 12:11 AM

JD: When I first read your response about the "Cam" profile.....at first I thought you meant the camshaft. Well, obviously you meant the little plastic cam on the carb slide shaft that operates the accelerator pump plunger rod, right? I had a brain burp.... :)

• James_Dean

Posted March 06, 2001 - 08:12 AM

Yes, that was the plastic cam on the carb linkage. :)

Does anyone know if the 2001 models use a different plastic cam to alter the pump stroke or timing?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.