rear light kit

11 replies to this topic
  • jackrabbit tx

Posted June 29, 2005 - 06:59 PM

I got my tail light kit from four strokes only, at least I think thats who I orderd it from, its been so long. :D :D :D Have to say Im happy with it. Took about 20minets to do the light kit and 15 min to do the license plate mount on the fender. Much cleaner and much meaner :) :) :D

• justicedone

Posted June 29, 2005 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, Andy is VERY slow when it comes to shipping !

if you want a good tip to hide wiring look in my garage pics, and use part of the stock tail rubber to cover and hide/protect wiring. I trimmed it and used contact cement to do the trick. Hasnt failed through dirt or water.

• GIANTac1

Posted June 29, 2005 - 09:43 PM

Is there anyway to speed up the shipping process?

• MrShred

Posted June 29, 2005 - 10:13 PM

Order 2-3 weeks before you want it. I have only purchased from FSO a couple of times, but have been satisfied with the products both times. Some things in life just can't be hurried :) :)

• jackrabbit tx

Posted June 30, 2005 - 02:53 AM

YA thats about all you can do.

• Winkel

Posted June 30, 2005 - 07:06 PM

How about some pictures??? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted June 30, 2005 - 07:17 PM

:) :) :D :D :D :D

• goblin127

Posted June 30, 2005 - 07:20 PM

Do a better job of mounting your plate than I did sooo you dont loose it like I did.

• justicedone

Posted June 30, 2005 - 09:54 PM

I bought the rubber for mounting the plate from FSO at the same time, and just drilled and mounted directly below light into fender. Its rock solid, lit well and legal. You just kinda bend the plate to the shape of fender :)

• jackrabbit tx

Posted July 09, 2005 - 09:27 AM

The plate has fit like a dreem. molded to the fender just fine. I was a little worried about getting it inspected, but this morning it went without a hitch. The guy a Honda looked it over for about a minnet with me swetting. Then he said cool. I told him that I asked a cop if I could have the sticker put on the back of the battery box because the origenal plat mount is gone and he said its ok. That is where it whent and it fits perfect. :)

• Jack Roberge

Posted July 09, 2005 - 10:07 AM

I just received my taillight on Tuesday. It took Andy 6 1/2 weeks to get mine up to Canada. The taillight cost $24.95 US, and the shipping cost $16.95 US. Pretty expensive shipping, but at least I didn't have to pay any duty, taxes or brokerage fees when it crossed the border. It sure looks better than that ugly Honda thing. I silicon sealed shut those holes drilled threw the backing plate to keep dust out. I'm not sure if that was the best thing to do as I might have a moisture or heat build up problem later on, but so far so good.

• Rover31

Posted July 09, 2005 - 12:09 PM

Is there anyway to speed up the shipping process?

He sources a lot of stuff from Japan is what he told me when I complained about the slowness.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.