Speaking of Tires?

9 replies to this topic
  • SPDFRK450

Posted June 28, 2005 - 05:31 AM

Ok guys I am currently running with the stock Dunlop 739 on my 426. It seems to have held up ok, but lookin for a little more life out of my tires. Does anybody have any recommendations on any good tires? I am currently looking at the Pirelli MT18, Maxxis IT, and the Kenda 760 Trakmaster. I am open to suggestions unless its a michelin. Overrated, underperformed, and I am still P!$$ed at the frenchies for what they put us through here in Indy for the F-1 race.

• byggd

Posted June 28, 2005 - 06:07 AM

Do a search. You will get an overload of tire recommendations :) Maxxis seems to be one of the favorites!

• walent215

Posted June 28, 2005 - 07:06 AM

kenda no good maxxis is where its at

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 28, 2005 - 07:55 AM

Maxxis SI front and rear! :)

• bluethundaaaa

Posted June 28, 2005 - 09:32 AM

Maxiss IT is what I use and I have no complaints at all!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted June 28, 2005 - 01:59 PM

I've been doing my homework and I think I will go with Maxxis. I just don't know if I want the SI or the IT in front :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 28, 2005 - 02:07 PM

If you really want traction on the front end the SI is the way to go. The IT will last longer but you cant get the front end to stick like the SI! :)

• SPDFRK450

Posted June 28, 2005 - 03:03 PM

The Maxxis is what I was leaning toward too. You guys just made me feel a lot better about my decision. I dont need a front tire yet though. Its spent most of its life in the air. Thanks for the advice fellas.

• rushfan

Posted June 28, 2005 - 04:14 PM

I dont need a front tire yet though. Its spent most of its life in the air. Thanks for the advice fellas.

Very nice :)

• Dirtmizer

Posted June 28, 2005 - 05:59 PM

I have no complaints about my IT rear, wearing like iron, I run it with a 773 front but I think I'll try an SI up front.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.