Besides the obvious what is the Neutral Switch for

3 replies to this topic
  • CHEEZE13

Posted June 28, 2005 - 02:53 AM

I broke the tabs off the neutral switch last night, when pulling the motor, and was just wondering what its function is. I know this is a sending unit to the CDI to indicate in neutral or not but for what reason? Anyways I got to replace it cuz I broke the tab off trying to wiggel the damn thing out :) seems that the plastic becomes brittle due to heat. Anyways thanx yall.

• ncmountainman

Posted June 28, 2005 - 04:40 AM

i beleive it limits the rpm a little lower when in neutral :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revolucien

Posted June 28, 2005 - 05:12 AM

I think when it let's the CDI know it's in neutral, the CDI lowers the voltage to the spark plug.

• Wyatt

Posted June 28, 2005 - 05:23 AM

Replace it with a ZipTy nuetral switch cover. Just do away with it. Follow the wire up to where it connects to the plug that plugs into the cdi. Cut the wire. It will be a light blue colored wire. As stated before, it just limits the rpms while in nuetral.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.