2004 YZF450 Question..

if he is gonna be riding trails i recommend a weighted flywheel, it helps a lot in the tighter stuff. also, 13/50 sounds fairly good for trails and off-road too, but try 13/48 after ya run the 13/50. i tried both and 13/48 just feels better to me, but gearing is always a personal feel thing.

a lot of peeps here say to junk the stock chain as soon as you get it home.....but i got a year outta mine ? so take that for what its worth.

Put a Clarke aftermarket tank on so you can go more than 20 feet from your truck. ?

ha ha, I read this and it made me laugh. :D I ride track 99%, the first and only time I took it offroad I was SO paranoid that I'd run out of fuel.

Anyway, made me laugh. ?

Ya, I'm sure the 450 will stretch the L-cheapo stock chain, as for the Fuel I was hoping he could go at least 40 miles max without worrying, as we never go on loops any larger than 40 without a planned fuel stop somewhere. The 13/50 is definitely better, I can see a flywheel in the bike future to, not too much to do though, seems like a great bike & yamaha has great reliablity. The fact the bike will never see 40-60% throttle will help to I'm sure.