larger fuel tank

12 replies to this topic
  • hedgehorn

Posted June 27, 2005 - 07:03 PM

I am looking to increase my range on my 01' xr650r. I see there are a few different tanks available but would like to know if there is a favorite? one that is built better than the rest or fits better? I would like to go with something that is 4 gallons or a little more. Thanks in advance :)

• Shock_Doc

Posted June 27, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Have IMS 4.6, great tank, no complants. :)

• Eric Henion

Posted June 27, 2005 - 07:45 PM

I have a Clark 4.3Gal fit is great and the price from Rocky Mountain is less then the IMS. My opinion is great.

• frankstr

Posted June 28, 2005 - 04:40 AM

Clarke 4.3.... :) The red tank matches great also...and fits great..

• Desertskyy

Posted June 28, 2005 - 07:05 PM

I have the IMS 4.6 tank. No complaints at all. Plus IMS has great customer service when talking with them directly. I also run their foot pegs. BRP also sell their products and I am real happy with BRP (Billet Racing Products) but the choice is yours as some like the Clarke tank.

• KASUYAHO

Posted July 03, 2005 - 08:07 AM

Aqualine tank, no need for fuel pump.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irondude

Posted July 03, 2005 - 09:06 AM

How much is the Aqualine tank?
Is it just one size?
Any issues with it?
Does it come in clear?
Do they make tanks for other bikes?

• KeithBoyd

Posted July 03, 2005 - 09:21 AM

23l Acerbis no fuel pump.....

• DesertWill

Posted July 03, 2005 - 10:25 AM

I'm happy with my Clark...

• mjlang

Posted July 03, 2005 - 11:11 AM

If you do a search on this forum you'll find this is a weekly question with the same responses...

• Supplicate

Posted July 03, 2005 - 01:11 PM

IMS 4.6 in natural, so I don't have to take the gas cap off to see how much fuel I have. Makes it much nice when flying along to just glance down and see how much longer you can ride before turning around or finding a place to fuel up.

• bluerock5

Posted July 04, 2005 - 11:53 AM

Clarke's 4.7 on my 650L is the :) best - it seems to have better balance than the stock, fit was perfect and seems to have the range of the "Exxon Valdise" :) .
I bought the red but for fun I would do black :D next time.

• davidgalyon

Posted July 05, 2005 - 01:42 PM

If you have the CA model like I do, you will need to purchase the block-off kit as well when you install any after market tank. I got the Clarke 4.3 and it was cheaper than the IMS and fits good, but that of course, is after you remove all the emissions crap.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.