Clutch Boss Spring on 2005 WR450?

5 replies to this topic
  • MorrisWR

Posted June 27, 2005 - 09:29 AM

I'm installing my Rekluse Z-start and it says to remove the clutch boss springs (if it has them) and it looks to me from schematics that the 2005 WR450 doesn't but I just wanted to be sure I'm not missing them. I searched and found someone asking but it didn't have a reply on that.

Can someone let me know? I just want to be sure I'm not overlooking it. Thanks.

• MorrisWR

Posted June 27, 2005 - 09:37 AM

I figured it out by looking at on online schematic of a 426 (which has the boss spring) and comparing to the '05 so the 450 doesn't have one. These online schematics come in handy.

• Tucker99

Posted June 27, 2005 - 11:30 AM

Hey Morris,
I have an 04 and am still sitting on the wall with the Rekluse. I've read were some guy's are using up to 5-tungsten carbide balls. Did you go that option? Where did you find online manuals for your bike??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xcracer123

Posted June 27, 2005 - 02:31 PM

I'm using the 5 tungsten carbide balls in my 04 with no problem. Engagement seems to be better than with all stock ball bearings.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 27, 2005 - 03:15 PM

5 TC Balls is what NC Mountainman and I use as well. :)

• MorrisWR

Posted June 27, 2005 - 10:24 PM

I've seen most of the guys saying the 5 TC but I haven't got them yet. I wanted to see how it worked stock first. I found the schematics on several sites (not actually the manual, just the blowup of the parts). Yamaha of Troy, etc.

My cable was too short and the '05 has a cable line adjuster that gets in the way of the perch adjuster so I may just do without the clutch lever and sell the perch adjuster. Either that or I'll get the longer cable from Rekluse. It would be a bit easier to adjust I guess. That left hand brake sounds nice though.

I just took it for a spin around my house and liked it a lot. For just the small test, it engaged/disengaged fine with a little adjustment on the idle. On Wednesday my wife and kids are heading up for a dirt test with me so I can climb and do some power braking and higher speed shifting.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.