Hi Altitude

3 replies to this topic
  • WFODEZ

Posted June 27, 2005 - 09:23 AM

Was Wondering How The 650r's Run At Hi Altitude, 8000+, Do You Need To Rejet?

• circlep

Posted June 27, 2005 - 02:25 PM

i live at 9700 and ride regularly above that. although i am not 100 percent satisfied with my current jetting (i never am), i have only had my 650r for a couple months (die hard two stroke guy), I went from a 68s to a 70 pilot (probably could use a 72), and went from 172 main to a 168, moved the clip one richer than middle, air scew around 1 to 1.5 out. i dont know what you have, but mine is bone stock. everyone says to go leaner at altitude wich is fine on the main, but the pilot circuit needs to be richer for better off bottom perf.

where you ridin?

cya

p

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Max Power

Posted June 27, 2005 - 06:13 PM

Was Wondering How The 650r's Run At Hi Altitude, 8000+, Do You Need To Rejet?

Yes. LOOK HERE

• Desertskyy

Posted June 27, 2005 - 08:51 PM

I just did a 6 day ride which took us to about 10K as we were going over some mountain passes. I was running comp needle in 3rd groove, 68s pilot and a 165 main down from a 175 that I usually run. Pilot screw was about 1 1/2 turns out I believe. Bike ran real well and had good pull. No complaints.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.