How to identify HRC tip vs drilled stocker?

2 replies to this topic
  • coorsleftfield

Posted June 27, 2005 - 06:26 AM

I bought a used XR650R and am trying to figure out if it's a drilled out stocker or HRC tip. If I remove the tip, is there a part # on it ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irondude

Posted June 27, 2005 - 07:26 AM

the two parts are very similar.
the difference is the HRC tip has an extra inch or so of length....that means more screen material. Otherwise they are the same. You wont notice any performance difference between the two.

• Troy_Bell

Posted June 27, 2005 - 11:35 AM

The other thing you might want to look for is the writing stamped on the end. The stock one says USFS Approved Spark Arrestor. The HRC tip I got did not. I was stopped once by a forest ranger once and he shoved a stick up into it to verify.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.