Top-End Rebuild.

2 replies to this topic
  • Daz_426_02

Posted June 27, 2005 - 12:44 AM

Hello all,
I am just trying to plan ahead for the eventuality of a top-end rebuild. What I was wondering is if these bikes just require a rebore (if within spec) and an oversize piston put in, or if a new barrel is needed? Also dose anyone know of a good place to order these parts like all the bearings ect ect.

Any information is much appreciated. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 27, 2005 - 06:54 AM

You should pull it down and inspect it, then decide what it needs. I know it's an '02, but my '01 250F not only didn't need a rebore, it didn't need a piston.

Base your rebuild on what you find you really need, not on a menu.

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted June 27, 2005 - 08:11 AM

If/when you do need parts check out Ron Ayers motorsports or I've ordered from both and found them MUCH cheaper than my local stealer..... dealer.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.