pismo on a yz450

10 replies to this topic
  • donald56

Posted June 26, 2005 - 07:47 PM

never done pismo on two wheels before will 450 have any trouble rookie driver any suggestions

• YZ400FPower

Posted June 26, 2005 - 08:04 PM

Just watch sharp turns. The YZs do great!

• Guest_BrandonV_*

Posted June 27, 2005 - 08:14 AM

Clean your bike immediatly when you get home. The salty air at Pismo can corrode quickly.

Get a paddle. You will thank me!

• sldietz

Posted June 27, 2005 - 08:30 AM

Get a paddle tire and a flag mount for the swingarm. Run really low pressure in the front tire as well.

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted June 27, 2005 - 02:29 PM

Clean your bike immediatly when you get home. The salty air at Pismo can corrode quickly.

Get a paddle. You will thank me!

I second that! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mx221

Posted April 05, 2006 - 09:36 AM

i think im goin on monday...with my 125 :thumbsup:

• xnofriendsx

Posted April 05, 2006 - 12:44 PM

It will do great in the dunes. I have a YZF426 and it mobs it up out there. I don't even use a paddle tire. Just promise me you won't ride it on the water's edge. Geez, i can't believe that some people just ride their brand new stuff in the salt water. Then they leave their bike out all night and day the whole weekend. Takes years off of your bike. Salt KILLS your bike. I have seen brand new huge 50K+ trucks just cruising in the saltwater. Dumb. Oh well.
Anyways.. You will do fine. Just take it easy on the sand. It can float you around a bit way different than riding in the dirt.

Brian

• RoughR1der

Posted April 05, 2006 - 01:12 PM

stay away from the water and wash that bike!!!

• crfdude86

Posted April 05, 2006 - 01:12 PM

ya people who ride in the water are so stupid. The only people who are more retard are the ones why try and cross the water when it is 5 feet deep with a trailer.
http://www.americans...pic.php?t=19452

• BergArabia

Posted April 05, 2006 - 07:18 PM

YZ goes great in sand. I use a paddle it is awsome...

• redmansz400

Posted April 06, 2006 - 10:15 PM

just stay on the throttle, don't give the front tire a chance to dig in and don't use the front brakes at all.

edit: now that i see this is an old post... how was the trip?

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.