open throttle and bike goes to sleep

4 replies to this topic
  • kbryant3399

Posted June 26, 2005 - 07:44 PM

Hey all,
Everytime I gve my bike some gas off the start or in nuetral (to wake up the neighbors) it dies or gives the cough like it wants too. I have run into this prob when i try to gun it thorugh a puddle or obstacle to lift that front wheel off the ground. Im sure its something with the air/fuel mixture but how do i fix it (i.e. where are the screws that adjust all the stuff) This bike is jetted, im pretty sure. I dont have to take anything apart do I? I just cleaned the air filter and it still does it in case that was one of the solutions.
Thanx

• clark4131

Posted June 26, 2005 - 07:58 PM

Sounds like you have an issue with your Accelerator Pump. You may need to adjust the linkager per the manual or you may need to perform the BK mod. Go here and click on BK Mod to learn all you need to know...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kbryant3399

Posted June 26, 2005 - 08:47 PM

WOW...
That looks like a hard thing to do. Maybe ill do that on the off-season cuz i know i wont be able to get it done rigtht in a short amount of time. Thanx though. Anyone else have any ideas???

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 27, 2005 - 06:32 AM

Sounds like you have an issue with your Accelerator Pump. You may need to adjust the linkager per the manual or you may need to perform the BK mod. Go here and click on BK Mod to learn all you need to know...SC

Ditto!!!! :)

• kbryant3399

Posted June 27, 2005 - 09:21 AM

k,
I think imight do this sooner than the off-season. So i am assuming I will have to tear the bike down right? Like get the carb out and all that fancy junk. Is there a way to do this with minimal tear down?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.