STM or REKLUSE?

1 reply to this topic
  • Robert_Brazil

Posted June 26, 2005 - 10:54 AM

I am considering buying a slipper clutch and came across the Italian made STM, which claims its slipper clutch is being used by Chad Reed, David Vuilelmin, Michel Pichon, Bartolini, Chiodi, and Stefan Merriman, so quite a reputation. I wondered if anyone could help me make decision. What I noticed is that the STM has no external regulation, one has to buy a different coil for different adjustments. But STM seems very keen on the Yamaha 450, any suggestion? Who?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tagger

Posted June 26, 2005 - 08:27 PM

The Rekluse is an auto-clutch; whereas the STM is a slipper clutch (although, apparently you can also adjust the Rekluse to act as a slipper??)...you may already know this, but just wanted to make sure you know there's a difference:thumbsup:

here's a thread
http://www.thumperta...8&highlight=stm

btw, if I was going to buy an auto - I'd go w/ Rekluse :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.