PowerNow Impressions in an '05

2 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted June 26, 2005 - 10:39 AM

Installed the PowerNow yesterday, took all of 5 minutes, and went for a spin. It definitely helped in the 1/4 to 1/2 throttle range, felt snappier and hit a bit harder, but not in an "Holy Shi'ite" kind of way. Off throttle to 1/4, it may have helped, but I couldn't really detect it on my "seat-of-the-pants-o-meter". So, was it worth the $90? I don't think so...maybe I'd pay $35, but no more than that. So those of you with '05's, my advice is to save your money or do the JamesNow mod. Live and learn...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted June 26, 2005 - 12:29 PM

That is how it works. A little crisper throttle response at 1/4 throttle openings. That is it. :)

• clark4131

Posted June 26, 2005 - 03:15 PM

I was thinking about dropping in a YZ Cam next, but maybe I'll just leave the bike as is. It's got great power down low and I felt the PowerNow did seem to help when I was tractoring in one gear higher than I should. I just don't want to run the risk of losing any of that low end, though I keep hearing mixed results from the cam swap, some saying it detracts from the low end and others saying they have gains across the board. I can't seem to find anyone who's posted anything definitive with regard to the results in an '05. The search continues I suppose...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.