6'2" 240 LBS, HOW DO I GET MORE RIDING ROOM ..

6 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted March 02, 2001 - 08:24 AM

should I change my tripple clamps bars.. fill cramped when I ride..

• jj

Posted March 02, 2001 - 08:44 AM

Hey Fred! You have a couple options. One there are a few companies that make risers that will fit into the stock top clamp. You also have the option to go to Pro Taper bars and buying the adapter that fits into the stock clamps, it raises the bar position about 3/4 inch. Beyond that yes you would want to go with aftermarket clamps. SCOTTS makes some excellent products you may want to give them a call and explain your situation. Keep in mind which type of bars you want to run you want to be sure that what ever you end up with will fit your bars.

------------------
JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 02, 2001 - 09:24 AM

do a search on my name & you will find plenty of info

Brian

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SNF

Posted March 06, 2001 - 10:04 PM

YZ seat and tank with extra tall seat foam from Baja Designs. White Brothers triple clamp (this moves the bars up to 28mm forward). This has helped me alot.

• cphillis

Posted March 06, 2001 - 05:34 PM

Thumper racing has bar risors that are one inch or 1.5 inches. Also use cr high bend handle bars it gives you a bunch of room. I am 6'2 and don't know what I would do without them.

• SFO

Posted March 06, 2001 - 06:18 PM

Fred,
I am 6'8' tall.
When people complain about bikes being too tall I f'in laugh....
On my 01 wr 426 I put a Ty Davis tank, IMS seat base w/thumper +1"foam and a thumper seat cover, Protaper t-clamp w/renthal Carmicheal bend bars.
Now I feel like I have room to breathe.
It is expensive to change everything but it is worth the increased comfort factor....

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted March 06, 2001 - 09:38 PM

Dude
$89 1.5" riser from Thumper racing, it bolts onto the stock triple clamp, throw away the stock bars. I go with the Renthal Jimmy Button Bend and find it excellent, cheapest way to go for max comfort. I just put on the IMS tank and seat with tall seat foam but havent ridden it with this seat tank combo yet. The bar deal went on within 3 weeks of getting the bike, I highly reccomend it.
6'3" 200lbs.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.