Yamaha factory kit to incorporate new bike mods in 2005 WR450F

15 replies to this topic
  • BajaFool

Posted June 25, 2005 - 09:29 PM

I thought I would pass on to all of you who my be interested that Yamaha Corp., through their GYT-R Performance Division, has developed an AIS Removal Kit p/n GYT-5TJ93-69-00. The kit includes all necessary parts and instructions to: remove and blank off the AIS; install a YZ throttle stop; and install necessary jets and multi-positon needle to enrich the carburetor. The kit also contains illustrated instructions on how to remove the air box snorkle and drill out the restrictive inner silencer in the muffler. Retail price is $41.95 at your local Yamaha dealer. The GYT-R portion of the Yamaha Corp. website and the latest catalog I checked at my neighborhood Yamaha dealer did not have this kit listed. So, be insistant, the part number is valid, and I touched the kit today with my very own hands it does exist. :)

• MorrisWR

Posted June 26, 2005 - 12:24 AM

Not a bad price. It's nice to see they are doing what everyone on TT has been. Of course, drilling the insert seems odd for a manufacturer to recommend. I'd assume they'd have a GYT-R insert recommended instead. Of course, I just pulled the baffle. It's still very quiet on the '05 WR450.

• boer

Posted January 24, 2006 - 09:58 AM

I have been looking for this kit online for a while. The TT store does not have it :eek: Anybody know which store may. :thumbsup:

I live in the United Arab Emirates and the Yamaha dealer here is cr$p and does not stock the kit so I was hoping to buy it online. :thumbsup: Any ideas? :bonk:

• BajaFool

Posted January 24, 2006 - 11:30 AM

Boer,
The kit is a Yamaha dealer item only. There are any number of dealers who offer mail order service. Overseas may be a problem, however. By the way, the AIS Removal Kit is now listed on the Yamaha website under performance parts.

• boer

Posted January 25, 2006 - 05:44 AM

It looks like I may have got the kit from mxsouth. I will hold thumbs it gets here in one piece.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted January 25, 2006 - 11:07 AM

"Hold Thumbs"...is that the same as crossing fingers?

• TWILES

Posted January 25, 2006 - 12:53 PM

I'm glad you guys got the kit. I ordered mine in October and the shipping date was bumped up 4 times till next month so I canceled the order. I think I'm just going to leave it on. I'm not planning on modifying the bike other than a good pipe. I'll cut the grey wire when I get that.

• bcs

Posted January 25, 2006 - 04:08 PM

Anyone been able to get the AIS removal kit at their dealers recently?? Especially in So Cal? I ordered one 4 weeks ago, when I bought my 2006 WR450, but they are still telling me its backordered to February 15th. :thumbsup:

If anyone knows of a dealer with the kits in stock please advise.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TWILES

Posted January 25, 2006 - 05:44 PM

They told me Feb 15th too. That was the 4th time it had been upped.

• CJ06WR

Posted January 26, 2006 - 08:36 PM

The Yamaha dealer (So Cal) was not very helpful with ordering the AIS Kit, so I purchased Ty's instead. The dealer said Yamaha was so back ordered on the kit they couldn't even give me an idea of when they would get any.

Ill install the TY kit when Snotty Motors sends all of the jets I ordered. I have a 06 WR450 and have the Pro Moto Billet insert, fuel screw, and JD jet kit just sitting on my desk. Once all my parts come in, I'll put on the AIS kit from TY and let you know how it went.

• yamadog450

Posted January 27, 2006 - 09:16 AM

There is one still left at Gilroy Motorcycle Center. In Gilroy, Ca. bought one a couple days ago and they told me they had one left.

• Moondogger

Posted January 27, 2006 - 03:48 PM

I bought mine at LA Yamaha not too long ago. Had a it right behind the counter.

LA Yamaha
4082 Lincoln Ave,
Marina Del Rey, CALIFORNIA, 90292
USA

Phone: (310) 306-7906

• mmello

Posted January 27, 2006 - 06:06 PM

hey TTers check it out !!!!!!
:cool: :prof: :lol: :lol: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

http://www.yamahaacc...22_0_All_1.aspx

You can find every thing of GYTR there !!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :bonk: :thumbsup: :eek: :p :worthy:

What is the www ????????

You can find everything you want , just be patient !!!

• Seabass

Posted January 27, 2006 - 07:34 PM

hey TTers check it out !!!!!!
:prof: :lol: :lol: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

http://www.yamahaacc...22_0_All_1.aspx

You can find every thing of GYTR there !!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :bonk: :thumbsup: :eek: :p :worthy:

What is the www ????????

You can find everything you want , just be patient !!!
That's a kick ass website!!!

That's a kick arse website. :cool:

• mmello

Posted January 28, 2006 - 01:48 PM

That's a kick arse website. :p

COOL !!!!! :thumbsup: :bonk: :thumbsup: :eek:

• FOZZ

Posted January 28, 2006 - 04:44 PM

Dont try Ronayers for the kit - been waiting 6 weeks now....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.