yz450 pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • donald56

Posted June 25, 2005 - 06:48 PM

[COLOR=Orange]undefined[/COLOR]have brand new 2004 yz450 would like to make it as legal as I can for riding in hollistor calif. come october.Would like to know if I need a new muffler for the sound req. and spark arrestor or is there an attachment I can put on the stock pipe that would make it legal.Would like to do it the cheapest way possible.[COLOR=White]undefined[/COLOR]

• rasta

Posted June 25, 2005 - 11:25 PM

pro moto billet makes a silent insert with a spark arrester for it probably around $100.00

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HIGH COMPRESSION

Posted June 28, 2005 - 12:34 PM

pro moto billet makes a silent insert with a spark arrester for it probably around $100.00

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT.
HIGH COMPRESSION

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 28, 2005 - 05:58 PM

I also went that route. I got the PMB endcap and the silent insert 2 weeks after I got the bike to quiet it down a little. man, that sucker is loud when its stock isn't it?

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. It is still loud, but it's quieter than it was and it was a whole lot cheaper than an entire exhaust setup.

• dustdogg

Posted June 28, 2005 - 09:19 PM

I put a stock YZ exhaust on my WR, then added the PMB spark arrestor and quiet insert. After thinking everything was good to go I went to get tested at Hollister. Well I failed at about 99db's :) . The YZ exhaust was almost brand new, the guy I bought it from used it once before going aftermarket. At least I brought my stock pipe w/baffle and got tested with it and got my sticker. Just be careful and do some research before you spend $120 bucks on something that might not pass. I am happy with mine, the performance is great compared to stock but it sucks that it is still a little loud. Oh well, live and learn I guess :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.