Odo

4 replies to this topic
  • tomwr450f

Posted June 25, 2005 - 11:32 AM

Is the odo, for a kilometer reading , is this the only part to change for one that reads in miles, or are the gears in the drive on the front wheel need to be changed out also.

• RichBaker

Posted June 25, 2005 - 11:47 AM

Probly just the Odo head....I doubt they'd make different gears.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tomwr450f

Posted June 28, 2005 - 04:51 PM

Thanks, Rich, I was thinking the same thing just had to have a second opion.

• simon@vic

Posted June 28, 2005 - 05:40 PM

the wheel drive i gear ratio is the same for all 21" wheels. I'm pretty sure that most Japanese bikes speedo cables spin at the same speed. so a bike with a 17" front wheel {and a stone aged cbl speedo} will have a different ratio in the drive then you WR has but the cable will spin at the same rpm.

this is what you can interchange speedos from bikes with different wheel sizes and they read the right speed.

• jerryls

Posted June 28, 2005 - 06:39 PM

The gearing is the same for kilos and miles. I have both odo heads, and they are interchangable.

Jerry

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.