AMSOIL for my WR?

5 replies to this topic
  • 4StrokeNoSmoke

Posted June 24, 2005 - 11:59 AM

I noticed in another forum that a lot of you guys run AMSOIL in your WR. I recently got my motor back together and want to treat the old girl to the best oil out there. Which AMSOIL do you AMSOIL users run?

Also, for those of you who answered many questions while I was building my motor after taking on much sand and water crossing a creek, the motor is like new again and I was very pleased with all the top end work that WMR racing did. They re-chromed the cylinder, which was out of round, bored, and honed for $240. Built the head, replaced valve buckets, seals, new piston, wrist pin, rings. Total price with shipping was $769.

Thanks again for all the good advice....

• cgrlvr35

Posted June 24, 2005 - 12:52 PM

It depends what u want to use. Synthetic? I would break in an engine first before using synthetic. I think some are using amsoil after break in, 10w40. I have one more oil change to do with my old oil and I will switch to amsoil Syn. 10w40. They have air filters and oil. The oil filters they dont have for my 05 WR450F. Check item for your bike. Evryone will tell you or advise other oils. There are good people on here with a lot of info. just my two cents.

• hitech

Posted June 24, 2005 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, what cgrlvr35 said. If you want the best for your bike the AMSOIL 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil is what you need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted June 25, 2005 - 07:54 AM

I run Amsoil 10w-40 in the winter months and 20w-50 in the summer months.

• bullet370

Posted June 25, 2005 - 06:25 PM

Amsoil is great stuff at a great price. I also agree on taking your time on break in with conventional oil before going to synthetic. :)

• MorrisWR

Posted June 26, 2005 - 12:02 AM

I've always used the 10W-40 Amsoil but just got a Rekluse so am changing to Delo 400 for the clutch.

All my bikes have run great on the 10W-40 though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.