98 xr600 bog

2 replies to this topic
  • JMC

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:46 PM

Bought a xr6 off a fellow tt member. Need help w/a bog problem. Have not had very long and have not played w/it yet so not sure of the jetting but..
after a long w/open run and (now I find) after a section of whoops it SOMETIMES bogs and only will take 1/4 throttle. I baby it for a min. or two and it will take full throttle again. Seems to happen more just after I get on the gas hard. Runs great otherwise. Has a p.c. pipe on it. Just bought a stocker to be legal. Lean jetting? Foat? Any ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR6's_rule

Posted June 24, 2005 - 01:23 AM

Firstly, if the age of the fuel is considered suspect, drain the carb and tank and put in some fresh stuff. If that doesn't help, rip the carb down and if you have a stock motor with restrictors removed, rejet it to the following-this is what my bike runs-

-#155 main jet (1 size larger than stock)
-#62 pilot jet (standard)
-needle 3rd clip position (stock)
-float height 14.5mm (stock)
-airscrew 2 5/8 turns out (2 turns out stock)

*my bike has a bog stock engine and running the stock pipe with baffle removed. Other restrictors removed (airbox and inlet manifold).

• JMC

Posted June 24, 2005 - 06:57 PM

Thanks, I'll have a look after I get the stock pipe on the get a starting point.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.