Baffle Out, Rejet?

3 replies to this topic
  • OLDFATGUYRACING

Posted June 23, 2005 - 12:47 PM

We took the baffle out of my buddys 450 We did not open up the air box. Do we need to rejet? I think it will be ok, since we are not adding more air. What have you guys done? thx

• clark4131

Posted June 23, 2005 - 02:51 PM

If it's gonna blow more air, it needs to suck more air or you're wasting your time. Pull the snorkel to equalize the flow between the input and output. Then rejet a little richer, but do one circuit at a time until you get things right...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • enduro10

Posted June 24, 2005 - 09:06 AM

My '05 WR 450F came from California, 165 main and 45 secondary. I took off the 'octopus' system, openned some holes in the air box (it is already marked by Yamaha, in the right side) and remove the spark arrestor and the small end tube in the exhaust.
What do you ''carb gurus' reccomend for rejetting ?

Paulo Langer
Brazil
'05 WR450
paulo.langer@pmintl.com

• freestyle250

Posted June 24, 2005 - 10:51 AM

Id say wait and do all of the other free mods if you haven't yet before you rejet. That way you save the trouble of having to do it three or for times

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.