YZ400F Seat

8 replies to this topic
  • BruceWA

Posted March 01, 2001 - 02:06 PM

Looking for someone who has a YZ400 seat that there willing to sell that will fit my 98 WR400. Going with the Clarke YZ tank.
Feel free to contact me via e-mail.

• Bill

Posted March 01, 2001 - 02:42 PM

The comlete IMS seat is $125 or you could give Two-Dads a shout. They have lots of used stuff. You may also want to post the question on the YZ side of TT. Or get the seat base and a cover, then you can get tall foam, soft foam and some other choices.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

• MN_Kevin

Posted March 01, 2001 - 02:47 PM

www.sdgusa.com has the ENTIRE seat for $88.00. It has been said their mountain bike seats are of very high quality.

Their websight WAS NOT updated last I checked. You will have to call them.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted March 01, 2001 - 04:52 PM

I have the foam & cover from my IMS YZ seat/tank conversion if your interested in used stuff. I switched to Guts tall foam & cover to open up the cockpit - I can't say how tall I am 'cause Kevin in NH will go off on me.....

Brian

[This message has been edited by Brian Meadows (edited 03-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Brian Meadows (edited 03-01-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted March 01, 2001 - 09:05 PM

Hey Rock,
A buddy and I both looked into getting new seats from www.sdgusa.com, but it didn't work for us because we wanted to stay with the WR seatbase. From what I hear, their YZ seats are really nice! And like NH Kev said, $88 for the entire seat--you can't go wrong!

I think I'm just going to get some softer foam for mine and call it good. See ya out there!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 02, 2001 - 04:44 AM

Tim in WA
Why did you want to stay with the WR seat base? Are you keeping the stock tank? Just curious.

• BruceWA

Posted March 02, 2001 - 08:51 AM

Thanks for the prompt replies. Have replied to several of you and hope to hear back soon.
Tim in WA - Greg asked the million dollar question. As tall as you are, I'd think you would be looking into the YZ combo. Unfortunately for me, with this combo my butt will barely clear the seat while I'm standing on the pegs.

• Tim_in_WA

Posted March 06, 2001 - 05:14 AM

Greg C. & Rock,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question(s). I'm keeping the stock WR seat and tank for a couple of reasons:
1) I'm broke
2) I want the extra fuel capacity
3) I like to be different! (and, I'm broke)...

And Rock, height is relative. If you think I'm tall at 5'10", you better have another couple of cold ones! I can touch the ground with the balls of my feet, but no way do my heels even come close. Wish I did have another couple of inches to work with! (leave it alone... :))

• trailguy

Posted April 11, 2001 - 06:36 AM

I hear theres a guy @ RI dam that could build you short riders some leg extensions, so you can find mother earth in the switchbacks. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.