Is my new Dr.D pipe dented??

4 replies to this topic
  • Conan_'dale

Posted June 23, 2005 - 07:37 AM

I rec'd my new Dr.D pipe last night. Excited to open the box and found a 3-4" long dent on the bottom toward the front of the can. :D

You won't be able to see the dent unless you stand on your head :)

Should I send it back or just live with it. Knowing me it won't be long until I hit a tree... :)

• Cozza

Posted June 23, 2005 - 08:00 AM

Is it a neatly formed rectangular dent? It's for clearance for the brake caplier when the suspension is at full travel.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Conan_'dale

Posted June 23, 2005 - 10:19 AM

It's hard to picture what you are saying but that must be it... I looks like you could have made the dent with a screwdriver by pushing really hard.

Thanks for your help. :)

• markvan

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:11 PM

Not to worry, Cozza's got it right. It's supposed to be there....Take a look at the stock exhaust, you'll see the same dent...

• Conan_'dale

Posted June 24, 2005 - 08:36 AM

I went to install exhaust system last night and the ends of the header pipe and exhaust pipe (where they connect) we're smashed (flat spots) :) :D :D

I sent the pipe back this morning. I hope they come thru and get me the replacement asap. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.