I need new tires

10 replies to this topic
  • rushfan

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:05 PM

Ok guys...learn me something :) I'm wanting to replace the stock tires on my 05 wr450. The 756 in the rear was ok, i guess. But I have had problems with the front end washing out a little. I live in northern California, and right about now, everything is hard and dusty. I know there is something else out there beside Dunlops. Any advise? What about mixing brands with front/rear?
Thanks in advance... :)

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:21 PM

For the soft to intermediate stuff I ride, the IRC M5B is the bomb on the rear. Man, does that sucker hook up good. It has worn pretty good too. I tried the Dunlop 756 front after my stock 739, not too impressed there. I guess I dont have anything real bad to say other that is didnt wear very good but everyone told me that prior to buying it. I will try something different next time. Maybe the Maxxis. Do a search, there are tons of threads on this subject.

• 99wr400

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:27 PM

756 front, TERA FLEX rear, the only way to go. unless you ride hardpack, then use a KENDA Carlsbad front.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted June 22, 2005 - 08:33 PM

I gotta try a Terraflex. Those look awesome. :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 23, 2005 - 04:46 AM

Yeah that TeraFlex rear 140/80-18 is tough to beat it works well in every condition! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted June 23, 2005 - 04:57 AM

I have heard that Cheng Shin are thin walled and garbage. I had a set on my xr400 and I hated them. But I haven't heard of the TereFlex.

• sharpmarble

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:27 AM

Rear Maxxis IT, front Kenda Millville. :) The Teraflex looks good, but it's a little pricey....

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:45 AM

TeraFlex will run about $90.00. but it has a lot of rubber and weighs 20 lbs!
Adds flywheel to the bike and has great traction in loose conditions. :)

• sharpmarble

Posted June 23, 2005 - 06:47 AM

Hey Indy, are they making it in 19" yet?

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 23, 2005 - 07:23 AM

no it is only available in 18" :)

• bluethundaaaa

Posted June 23, 2005 - 07:53 AM

Maxxis IT! inexpensive and wears like iron without chunking :) I think it is the best deal for your money. :) :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.