Oil Screen

2 replies to this topic
  • NED

Posted March 01, 2001 - 01:37 PM

I am a new WR426 owner and recently changed my oil. I was unable to get the oil screen off of the bike. It was ver tight, and I didn't want to damage it. I was hoping someone would have some info on the best way to get it off. Maybe I just need to eat more wheaties, but I would appreciate some help. Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bryan Bosch

Posted March 01, 2001 - 02:32 PM

The screen is threaded into a steel frame. You can pull very hard w/o damage. Trust me, I have to use a breaker bar to get mine out! I wouldn't worry too much.

• Hick

Posted March 01, 2001 - 03:16 PM

I had to use an air impact, on its highest setting, at 125 psi. Oooooffff!!! So I don’t think you can hurt it, unless you have a better air compressor than me.

In my case I think there was paint on the aluminum fitting that made it so hard to get off. Also, many American socket sets do not have a 24 mm size, in my case I had to go buy one (obviously needs a deep socket).

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.